Monday, November 21, 2011

Eggy is your one-stop Mad Nanna shopping center...
Mad Nanna - If I Don't Sleep Tonight 7" - Wormwood Grasshopper
Mad Nanna - If I Don't Sleep Tonight 7" - Wormwood Grasshopper
Very excited to get a handful of this 100 press Australian 7" from my fav Weirdos of Oz. "If I Don't Sleep Tonight" finds the 'Nanna band in a moment of surprising tenderness -- late-night sentiments of love and psychosis transmitted via their usual out-of-tune clatter. The unlabeled b-side is mellower still, a very pretty folk-pop number with muted strumming and a guitar line out for a midnight wander, with occasional, distant vocals. An excellent pair of tunes, very skewed and lovely.

$11*, email eggyrecords@gmail.com to order it.

*A ton of money, I know, but I'm really not making any money off this release, I should charge more but I just can't. More than $11 is too much for a 7". It costs that much because it's a tiny run size of 100 and it's coming all the way from Tasmania(!). And I just had to have it in the mail order.

No comments: