Sunday, October 31, 2010

D R A G G I N G A N O X T H R O U G H W A T E R
" T H E T R O P I C S O F P H E N O M E N O N - S W E E T D R E A M S E D I T I O N "

Tomorrow will see the release of a greatly expanded version of Dragging An Ox Through Water's excellent 2008 LP "The Tropics of Phenomenon" by the Tokyo imprint Sweet Dreams. This thing is bigger and better in every direction; more paintings by Dana Dart-McLean, more original songs from Dragging An Ox, remixes and reworkings by pillars of the Portland music scene (Tara Jane O'Neil, Grouper, Thicket, E*Rock & Yoni Kifle, and yours truly) and an essay by Patricia No. It's really nice to see such care being taken with an album that I feel like a lot of people slept on the first time around, hopefully it will reach many new ears with this edition. It looks awesome in the photos, can't wait to see it for real.

No comments: